22 F
Washington D.C.
Saturday, January 22, 2022
Advertisement

Tenant rescued from second floor of Peterborough townhouse fire – Peterborough

Must Read


Peterborough firefighters rescued a trapped tenant during a fire at a south-east townhouse on Friday night.

Peterborough Fire Services crews responded around 10:20 p.m. to a townhouse fire on Crystal Drive. According to platoon chief Stephen Reid, one man was leaning out of a second-floor window calling for help as smoke billowed from the complex.

Read more:
Grass burning blamed for County Road 6 house fire in Douro-Dummer, northeast of Peterborough: OPP

Reid said a crew used ladders to help bring the man down safely from the building. The victim was assessed by paramedics and then transported to Peterborough Regional Health Centre with possible smoke inhalation, Reid said.

The fire was quickly brought under control and contained to the apartment unit.

Story continues below advertisement

Reid said the cause of the fire was charging batteries. Damage is estimated at $65,000.




© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



- Advertisement -spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest News

- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -spot_img
Translate »