This page explains what Affinity does in Monster Hunter Rise. Affinity is a stat associated with weapons in Monster Hunter Rise, and can be either positive or negative. Affinity is synonymous with Critical Chance in Monster Hunter rise.
What Does Affinity Do in Monster Hunter Rise?
Affinity, to put it simply, is Critical Chance – how likely a weapon is to land a critical attack. Each weapon has an Affinity stat where the chance to perform extra damage is displayed as a percentage. If your weapon shows a negative value for Affinity, then this will determine how likely you are to deliver a weak attack.
How Can You Tell If You Land a Critical Hit?
When you land a critical hit in Monster Hunter Rise, you will see a red slash through the damage number – as seen in the screenshot below.
How to Raise Affinity
The easiest way to raise Affinity (Critical Chance) in Monster Hunter Rise is by first getting a weapon that already has positive Affinity, and then equipping certain Armor Skills that raise affinity as well.
- Critical Eye – Increases base Affinity
- Weakness Exploit – Increases Affinity when hitting a monster’s weak points
- Latent Power – Increases affinity for a short amount of time when certain conditions are met
- Agitator – Increases Affinity when a monster is Enraged (red eye icon on map)
- Maximum Might – Increases Affinity when Stamina is full
- Critical Draw – Increases Affinity for a short time after drawing weapon
- Affinity Sliding – Increases Affinity temporarily after sliding on environmental terrain
See How to Upgrade Armor Skills for more information.