Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
This houndstooth sweater from Perfect Moment has really cozy après-ski vibes but would look just as appropriate in a business casual office as it would in a ski chalet. For the office, I would wear this tucked into a pair of high-waisted black pants with some chunky gold or silver earrings.
As a side note, I would skip this print on a day with a lot of video conferences scheduled. The “moiré effect” describes the dizzying wavy pattern that shows up when you’re wearing stripes or other repeating patterns on camera. If you’ve made it to 2022 without getting a little bit seasick from someone’s striped shirt, you’re luckier than I.
The sweater is $365 at Net-a-Porter and comes in sizes XS–L.
A more affordable option is from Vero Moda; it’s available in sizes XS–XL for $75 at Nordstrom.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 12.12.22: (Our favorites are in bold!)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 40% off
- Ann Taylor – 40% off your full-price purchase; 50% off full-price jackets & outerwear
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 15% off with code (through 12/12)
- Elie Tahari – Extra 30% off with code; coats starting at $99
- Eloquii – Extra 50% off all clearance
- Express – 40% off everything
- J.Crew – 50% off your purchase; 50% off 1 sale style, 60% off 2, 70% off 3
- J.Crew Factory – 50% off everything; extra 20% off $100+
- Lands’ End – 60% off your order — reader favorite wool dresses and pants come down to under $60 (plus sizes too!); ponte dresses start at $30.
- Loft – 40% off full-price styles; sweaters starting at $25
- Madewell – 50% off sweaters; 40% off everything else
- Neiman Marcus – Designer Sale: Up to 50% off — also, $50 off $200
- Talbots – 40% off your purchase
Gift Ideas for Men:
- American Giant – Readers have always recommended their hoodies (Kat’s husband loves his and the tees are nice also).
- Lululemon: Their pants are big sellers for men!
- Ugg – Kat’s husband loves this hoodie.